

We ran the Outer Banks Half Marathon on Sunday, November 14th. It was a blast!
As my second race ever (and also second half marathon), I really loved it. I think I pushed myself more than the first, and it felt good to finish knowing that I did. The course was flat the entire way, minus a small section on the bridge. It was awesome weather-low to mid 50s, sunny, with a nice breeze.
Just like the first race, Bryce was the cameraman and videographer. It was funny looking back at the pictures and videos throughout the run. This time, I made a video, so now you can feel like you ran with us...without running it.
We stayed in a shanty little motel on the beach in Nags Head. It was fine for a one nighter, in and out thing. Don't know if I would want to stay there for a week, but the options in the OBX are limited, so we were thankful to find a decent place to stay within our budget.
We didn't really go out to the beach much, it was more of: we drove there, watched the Hokies play, filled ourselves at Outback, watched more football, went to bed, woke up, ran, showered, took a picture by the beach, got in the car, and drove home.
Oh, and we were sure to replace all the calories we burnt at Cracker Barrel for a late breakfast. I don't normally like pancakes anywhere other than made at home, but I would argue that Cracker Barrel has the best pancakes I've ever tasted.
Getting close to home...
Great weekend.

way to go! both of you! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat job Elissa! Cool post.
ReplyDelete