When we got there, we took a colorful revolving gondola up the mountain. Right away, we bought a ticket for Maddie to play in the bouncy area. An accompanying adult was free of charge and we were able to walk around to each one with her. It was really fun. Carter was a little unsure, but he loves watching Maddie have fun.
I know I've said this before, but she is such an outdoorsman. What a blessing from God for her Daddy, lover of all things outdoors. They are buddies.
![]() |
| Mommy, can I have one more hot dog? Only one more, Mommy. |
We hiked through valleys, up hills, down hills, then through the woods, and back.
Many hiking trails that we go on are quite stroller friendly. If we had the single BOB, I would definitely take it with us, but the double BOB is just too big for the gondolas and our single isn't as sturdy. One thing is certain-we are getting good use out of our hiking backpacks (or "ruck sacks" as they call them here).
We passed multiple farms on the trail. At one, there were people gathered around a cooler that had mountain cheese, strawberry milk, regular milk, and who knows what else for sale with a little change box for collection. I'm sure the strawberry milk is popular with the little ones.
When we got back to the main area, we grabbed some popsicles because it was a really hot day. Then, what I had been waiting for: the alpine slide. I'm SO glad we did...we all loved it! (except Carter who just watched us get on and return)
These diggers are pretty popular here with kids, do they have these in the States? They also have one at the Zurich Zoo. I don't think they're very entertaining, but anything motorized is exciting for her.
And then a very long suspension bridge, which was pretty scary, especially with the wind. Then we heard the loud speaker say, "Everyone please leave the suspension bridge." (Only because it was around closing time)
We cooled off in the stream before heading home.
| The gondolas were right above us here, and every time one passed, he would yell out "ooooooooh" as if it were the first one he'd ever seen. |










i've seen diggers like that at playgrounds, but they aren't motorized. they're hard for my kids to use at their age -- but bigger kids like them.
ReplyDeletewe're having david's bday at a trampoline place, wish maddie could come :)
Yeah, it was hard for her to do it without Bryce helping her. Oh man, we would LOVE to go to David's bday party!!!! (and not for the trampolines, but just to see you guys!)
DeleteAwe! Maddies sad face! This place looks amazing!
ReplyDelete