Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Thanksgiving 2016

Just had to share a few memories from Thanksgiving.

My Dad and step mom flew from North Carolina and my sister came up from Las Vegas.  We had a great long weekend.

The kids LOVED the sparkling cider in fancy cups for Thanksgiving.  Maddie still doesn't like mashed potatoes and Carter loves them.  They still think turkey and chicken are the same thing.  Carter loved the pumpkin pie.  Maddie loved helping to make the pies but she prefers just vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles or eating the raw pie dough before we bake anything.  Carter and Maddie would eat an entire pie's raw dough if I didn't stop them.  Is this normal?  I always let them taste, and of course, I like to have a little taste, especially cookie dough, but they love it.









 We not only celebrated Thanksgiving but also my birthday!  I think it was the best birthday I've had since my sweet 16 surprise birthday party.  Bryce and I got a night away at a hotel downtown.  We walked to dinner at the best sushi place, slept in (til 8am!), ordered breakfast in bed, and then got home for me to go to a spa with Amy and Kim.  It was divine.  We went in the sauna, we got massages, we ate treats at the French bakery down the street from the spa, and then came home to a filet mignon dinner (thanks, Dad!).  I mean, I was completely spoiled.  Usually my birthdays are just nice because I try not to cook dinner myself.






The weather was, obviously, rainy and cold.  But they had a blast playing with Nana, Papa, and Aunt Amy.  When the long weekend was over, it just didn't feel like enough time together.  That's when you know it was good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment