Monday, February 11, 2013

Children's Music

Madison and I have been spending a lot of time together lately, especially with Bryce at work all day.

Normally, I love the Top 40.  Beyonce, Ke$ha, Lady Gaga, Lumineers, Fun, Mumford, Taylor Swift.  However, I've realized that the Top 40 isn't always child-friendly, so I have started exploring kid music for the first time.  My first thought was that children's music is super annoying and not fun to listen to.

In my search for good children's music, I've developed a few favorites.  First off, I love the Pandora "Raffi" children's music station.  Raffi has a calm voice and sings a lot of classics.  Second, I love Frances England.  Go check out her awesome website!  You can listen to her albums on the website so,  many times, I just press play and keep it going while we're hanging out at home.  Her songs are so sweet and simple.  She has a really not-annoying voice, too!  The Pandora "Baby Einstein" children's station is another good one.

Today, I can relate to this song since I was up 3 times last night :(

4 comments:

  1. Wait, Flo Rida isn't kid friendly???

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really like Elizabeth Mitchell, too! And Isaac got an Andrew Peterson CD for Christmas that's really fun. (Slugs, Bugs & Lullabies)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These suggestions are great! Eva started rocking and smiling on the first one! =)Thanks for sharing Elissa!!

    ReplyDelete