Tuesday, April 8, 2014

(VERY) Big news for our little growing family

The next few months hold quite a few big changes for our little family.  Not only will we be welcoming our little guy around the end of April (due April 27th), but we are also MOVING!  And selling our cars!  And our house!  Yikes.

Yes, you heard that right.  This is crazy news, even still to us.  All of this feels a little unreal and I have to pinch myself sometimes to remember that it is happening.

We are moving to Switzerland!!

If you find the city of Zurich, just directly above the little red plane is a small farming town called Bulach.  This will be our new home town as of July 2014.

(via)
Bryce has been working for just over a year and loves his job.  He loves the people he works with, the challenging projects that he works on, and the little bit of travel that he has experienced.  So far, it's just been Switzerland about every 4-6 months and Washington DC.  He is doing really well and I am so thankful for this job and what a great fit it has been.  Just after Thanksgiving, it was mentioned that going on assignment to the Switzerland office was a possibility.  After talking it over with everyone including me, by January, he had officially signed a contract for an 18 month assignment in Bulach.  We shared with our families over Christmas and slowly started telling a few close friends, my boss, and coworkers.

I have been working from home 20-25 hours a week in marketing/project management for 5 years now.  With the new baby, a new country, a new language, a new home, I won't be returning to work after baby boy is born.

Right now, we're trying to figure out all the logistics of the move, our stuff here, stuff we'll need to get there, dates, etc.  Needless to say, we have a lot on our minds right now with the little one coming and the big move quickly approaching.  Oh, and putting our house up for sale in less than a week.

Since I won't be working, my goal is to get more regular about blogging, especially once we move, so you all can follow along in our journey abroad with little ones and a whole new life to learn.

In the meantime, check out this interesting list of Swiss facts.  Bryce really likes #5 and #31.

9 comments:

  1. So fun!! Excited for your adventures!! :) Praying for you all during this time too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awesome! =) I know you guys will enjoy exploring in Switzerland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Lindsay Scheurers grandmother and I love your blogs so much and you are awesome the way you share your thoughts. I love Switzerland and have been there three times and can't wait to return. So happy for you and Bryce. My husband, brooks and I will pray for your new baby to arrive safely and for you to sell house, cars and to travel safely to your new home. Please keep us posted and may God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda!! It's great to hear from you! I bet you are enjoying Lindsay and Nick's sweet little girl living close to you in NC. Wish I could meet her! We are looking forward to it, but definitely praying for everything to go smoothly. Take care!

      Delete
  4. WOW!!!!! Elissa, that's huge! Congratulations. What a crazy, awesome, incredible, challenging adventure. Sending love, hugs, and prayer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Very huge! Thanks, we are getting excited for it and also a little nervous about the craziness of the next few months! Appreciate your prayers!

      Delete
  5. Wow!! Congratulations, that sounds very exciting!! Can't wait to read about all your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete