Friday, July 22, 2011

Sad to say

If you're into gardening, this may interest you. If not, go ahead and save your time by not reading this :-)

All of our tomato plants are diseased. We started noticing that they weren't looking very good. Are we watering too much? Are we not watering enough?


A few days ago, I took close up pictures and inspected the plants. Then I went online and researched images on Google and read About.com about tomato problems.

It turns out they have tomato leaf spot (or Septoria leaf spot). It's very common for tomatoes. Supposedly, it doesn't affect fruit but it does affect leaves and stems, so it affects how much fruit we will actually get. Bummer. At least we are swimming in cucumbers.

All I've done is pull off all the spotty foliage and dying stems in hopes that we may still get some tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment