Friday, September 16, 2011

Trails at Mountain Lake

We went for a couple short hikes near Blacksburg last Saturday. It was great weather and nice to do short hikes (for a change!). I actually have a running list of hikes in the area that I want us to do before Bryce finishes up at VT which will probably be late Spring/early Summer next year. On the list were Bald Knob and Bear Cliffs, both up at Mountain Lake.

My favorite of the two was Bald Knob. It was a really pretty overlook.



Then we headed to Bear Cliffs. It was a little longer with more rocks.




After hiking, we drove through Newport and decided to stop by Mikie's 7th for lunch. It seemed like a random hole-in-the-wall restaurant, but we heard about it from our friends who liked it, plus it was local and on our way home. I got the Black and Blue burger and Bryce got the Beef Po'boy with fries. We really liked the food and will be going back!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome hikes! I'd love your list of trails sometime. I have never heard of these two, and they are quite close! For having grown up here I have a woefully inadequate understanding of the hikes in the area, especially those as close as Mountain Lake! I also have never eaten at Mikie's 7th and this is a good reminder – especially before summer produce is completely out of the picture.

    ReplyDelete