Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Jeff and Kate visit!

Before we moved, we drove out to Newport, VA with Jeff and Kate, to pick out our Christmas tree.  After a fun time, we were driving home, and I looked at Kate.  Getting all serious, I said, "Kate. We are leaving and will live far away.  A lot of people may say they will visit us.  But a lot of people won't come for various reasons.  I not only really want you guys to come, but now that you said you will, I expect you to come."  In all her Kate sweetness, she looked me in the eye and said, "Elissa.  We will come."

Fast forward 8 months to the beginning of August and here they are with us in Oregon!!  They flew out and explored the beautiful Oregon coast for a few days and then came to Portland to spend a long weekend with us.  We are so blessed to have friends visit us!  It's like a taste of home, a whole lot of love, and memories made all in one package.  I'm so thankful!

I took them in to Portland for the day while Bryce worked on Friday.  Kate and I both like to watch the food network.  Food trucks are just a big thing.  So we were all excited to find the entire block of 40+ food carts to choose from.




We even waited in line to get VooDoo donuts!  In the end, we decided they weren't worth it.  But it was just something we had to do since it is so popular.  They were good, but not 1.5-hour-wait good.  Jeff was a great babysitter while we waited in line!




Bryce met us downtown later and then we went to dinner.



On Saturday, we drove to Hood River (our favorite spot).

We even played Settlers of Catan for the first time since December!






It was a gorgeous day!  We love the summer here.



We already miss you two!

2 comments:

  1. Super jealous of your time together. It looked so fun!! I also loved all your outfits in these pics. Ultra fashion mamaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thanks Mere! Someday you will come and we will have a blast!!

      Delete