The last few weeks before we left Portland were crazy. Bryce went to Switzerland for the first week of June. He came home and 1 day later, I left for San Francisco with the kids to visit Nanny. We were gone for 5 days. It was really important to me that we go see Nanny (my Dad's mom and my last living grandparent), she meet Carter, and we say goodbye before we moved. I haven't lived that close to her since I was 6 years old (and Portland wasn't even super close!). Before planning the trip, I knew that it would be near impossible to travel with a toddler and a newborn by myself. It was SUCH a blessing that Aunt Judy was able to help! She flew from Charlotte, NC to Portland, then got on the plane with me and flew to San Francisco. I definitely couldn't have done it without her. Literally, I couldn't physically carry the 1 big checked bag, the 2 car seats, the stroller, and the 2 kids.
We had a really fun time visiting. It was relaxing and so special to see Nanny again. The last time we saw her was back in November for just a couple days. We also got to see Aunt Christie and my cousins Andrea and Melissa ("Dada" and "Missy").
Here are a few photos of the visit.
 |
| A trip to California isn't complete without a trip to In N Out. |
Saying goodbye...
After we got back, we were home for just 2 days when Bryce left again for a quick business trip to Washington DC. He was gone for 3 days. Then 5 days later, we closed on our house and left Portland to begin our adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment